External Engagements and Committees
- Research Advisory Board Member, Symbiosis International University (2022 onwards)
- Faculty Improvement Review Committee, National Council for Cooperative Training, Ministry of Cooperation, Government of India (Feb, 2021 onwards)
- Expert Committee of the Cloud Auditing Group, Ministry of Electronics and IT, Government of India (December 2021 onwards)
- Technology Committee Member, Future Skills Prime Programme, C-DAC, Ministry of Electronics and IT (May 2020 onwards)
- Expert Advisory Committee, Vigyan Prasaar, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India (September 2019 onwards)
- Board of Studies, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India (2022).
- Member of Board of Vocational Education, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (July 2017-July, 2018)
Select Faculty Selection Committees
- Faculty Selection Committee, Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi, February, 2022.
- Faculty Selection Committee, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta), Jun 2021.
- Faculty Selection Committee, Indian Institute of Technology Dhanbad (ISM Dhanbad), April 2021.
Department of Management Studies and School of Artificial Intelligence
- Assistant Professor (June 2014 – July 2018)
- Associate Professor (August 2018 onwards)
- Amar S Gupta Chair Professor (January 2022 onwards)
Selective administrative positions held:
- Chairman – Corporate Relations
- Member – Board of Academic Programme
- Coordinator – Doctoral Colloquium
- Member – Institute of Eminence, DMS.
- Convenor/Member – Academic & Global Linkages, DMS
- Chairman – Automation and IT, DMS
- Member, Smart Campus Committee, IIT Delhi
- Convenor, Smart Cards Committee, IIT Delhi
- Member/Coordinator, Case Study and Case Research Center, in DMS
- Coordinator, Faculty and Post Doctoral Fellow Recruitment, in DMS and ScAI
- Member, Committee for Priority Area Identification, in DMS
- Member, Committee for Policy & Vision, in DMS
- Member, Department Faculty Board, in DMS
- Member, School Research Committee, Bharti School
Visiting Assistant Professor (June 2012 – June 2014)
Selective administrative positions held:
- Chair, Research Committee (Responsibilities: promoting/facilitating research publications)
- Chair Sponsored Research Committee (Responsibilities: Developing and adminstrating norms for externally sponsored projects)
- Member, Placement Committee for Post Graduate Programme in Management participants.
- Member, Admissions Committee, for Post Graduate Programme in Management through CAT
- Member, PGP Executive Committee & PGP Committee, for the Post Graduate Programmes.
- Chairman in organizing 4 national business summits and conferences to facilitate corporate relations and academia-industry interaction.
- Committee member of reviewing and approving content for public domain.
- Selection Committee Member/Chair for key administrative positions, like Chief Corporate Relations Officer; Secretary to Director, and many other important portfolios.
Business Consultant in Cognizant Business Consulting (2011 – 2012)
- Managed the commercialization of the 8 solutions in MDM-in-a-Box, a portfolio of advisory solutions initiated with $3 million in Master Data Management with a revenue potential of $150 million. (Part of Cognizant’s 2015 Strategic Initiatives for Non-Linear Growth).
- Strategizing the Marketing of Sliver projects including identifying marketing channels like webinars, events, websites, magazines; development of leads from multiple channels and networks; tracking and generating leads in SFDC; exploring existing accounts and coordinating pre-sales activities.
- Development of pricing models including development of the IP licensing fee, Software as a Service pricing and Business Process as a Service pricing models for the Sliver solutions portfolio.
Protection of IP for MDM Sliver (through Trademarks, Patents and Copyrights)
- Solutioning offerings on Cognizant’s Enterprise Entity Master for Retail and Supply Chain verticals
- Identification of problems which may be addressed using MDM, and creating solution roadmaps and authoring whitepapers for futuristic needs.
Business Development for Assets, IBM Research – India Research Laboratory (2008 – 2009)
- In 1st engagement, focused on the commercialization of 4 research products / solutions, involving Real time Email Analytics, Telecom Social Network Analytics, Audio Auto-Encryption Solution and Mobile Dynamic Workforce Management Solution.
- Pricing of products/solutions with a gross valuation over 4 million USD for engagements with major clients like HDFC Bank, Bharti Airtel, Verint & DNA Telecommunications.
- Project focused on estimating impact value to client in engagements, understanding technology adoption factors, pricing, competitive analysis and market entry strategies of the research products.
- In 2nd engagement, commercialization of a portfolio of Speech Technology Assets at 69.1 million USD in 2009 to 214.5 million USD in 2012.
- Also worked on the market entry, adoption and future capability enhancement strategies for the portfolio of Speech Technology Assets.